Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Daisies

Daisies

“I want to see you.
I don't want to see you.
I want to touch you,
Reach out with both hands and shove.
I want you closer.
I want to be colder.
I want this over.
Somehow I can't get enough.

I want to get free.
I want you beside me.
Just want to leave you,
But you're a half-thought behind.
My heart is hazy,
Half-wishing on daisies,
This talk is crazy,
I must be out of my mind.

It wasn't what I thought I’d say at all.
So unexpected, your voice when I called.
My eyes land on the petals where they fall.
Couldn’t tell if you were listening at all.

What would you think if you knew anything at all?

Just want to be friends.
Want more than "just a friend."
But I can't confess
These words I'm dying to say.
One pluck says "tell you,"
Another, "forget you."
Don't know what I'll do
With all these thoughts in the way.

I want to kiss you.
I want to resist you.
Want to forget you,
But you just won’t be forgot.
You captivate me,
Confuse and frustrate me.
So I muse lately,
You love me, you love me not.

I watch my fortunes change alternately,
Seeing you walk away and then pick me.
And even though I know it might not be,
What's wrong with being willing to believe?

I am full of dreams, and the world is full of daisies.

I am full of dreams, and the whole world’s full of daisies.”


===================
Not a terribly orignal title, but it's not a terribly great "poem" either. I was thinking more that perhaps it would make a decent song if I weren't such a craptastic composer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home