Friday, February 24, 2006

A Friday Night

a friday night

1. magnetized

couchback silhouette,
bent and black
inside the glass.
you sat from me
two cushions away
like we’d been polarized.
can’t you feel
(your uncanny sixth sense)
this magnetic divide
of dissonance?


2. walk-throughs not served

left, right, left; our
shapes make rhythms
predictable on the sidewalk;
two long shadows laid
neatly out before us
like corpses never more
than at a friendly distance.


3. a walk home

leafless trees are speechless trees;
bare branches barely shake, while talk
skitters and slides across the sidewalk;
articulately brittle, autumn’s raspy address
falls desiccate from the frozen air
january, weary, tires of the ado.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola! Well done on a nice blog lute_of_jubal. I was looking for information on learn spanish and came across your post A Friday Night - not precisely what I was looking for related to learn spanish but an interesting read all the same!

You see I've just started out learning Spanish. I think I've found a pretty good method, but I'm constantly trying to learn more - faster - and improve. I can't wait to get over to Panama. Already made contact with a few hot Latina chicks. Looks VERY promising. Just got to improve on the Spanish :o)

If you'd like to keep an eye on my progress and perhaps provide some helpful advice, everyone's welcome. Please just surf over to Learn Spanish for Love. I look forward to meeting you.

Hasta luego!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home